Friday, January 9, 2009

Red Cross

We went to our daughter's home last night for chili. While the men watched the game, Leslie and I worked on the budget for Sunday's business meeting at church. We got home about 10:00. Slinky was sound asleep and we woke him coming in. He went right back to sleep though.

Bob went up to Red Cross yesterday and put his name in again as a volunteer. He had volunteered for Red Cross for 12 years before he went to work for FEMA. He resigned from FEMA yesterday. There is no pay for Red Cross volunteering but there is a great sense of having been helpful to those who have suffered a disaster and there is great camaraderie, something he missed with FEMA. He did not enjoy FEMA although we did enjoy the money he made. We managed to get out of debt while he worked for them and also got the house fixed up nicely with new cement board siding and double paned windows all around. Red Cross may call him up right away for flooding in the north west.

Today, Bob and I will go to Bartlesville so he can walk the mall and get some exercise. He got none yesterday. We will probably have lunch there.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I made chili yesterday, too. I like to have something for the weekend if we get hungry. I think volunteering for the Red Cross would give him a sense of satisfaction. I like to go to the mall for exercise, too. At least it is warm! It is cold, cold here.

Margie's Musings said...

It gave him a great deal of satisfaction when he did it in the past.

It was like a lovely spring day here today. Almost 60 degrees.

Beth said...

Margie, I'm so glad to hear that your husband's glucose levels are down--I know that is a relief. I hope he keeps exercising. Your weather sounds lovely---it's cold and cloudy here.

Margie's Musings said...

It's nasty today after a lovely week. His number was back up this morning. I don't know what happened. It was 157.