Friday, January 2, 2009

Trip to Bartlesville

We went to Bartlesville yesterday morning and ate at Jane Phillips Memorial Hospital because they have a good cafeteria there. Then we went out to Lowe's and browsed so Bob could get some exercise in this cold weather.

When we got home after 2:00 we found we had had a couple of phone calls. One was notification that an inactive member had died and his daughter wanted me to do his funeral. I agreed and will meet his daughter and one son at the church this afternoon at 2:00 to discuss arrangements. It appears, if the funeral home has the time, that the funeral will be held on Wednesday. I will need to put together a funeral sermon. It will probably be a memorial of the life of the deceased. Life just gets busier and busier.

I went to bed at 8:30 last night.

Slinky woke me at 11:00, needing to get out. I let him out and then back in and he went right back to sleep. He slept until nearly 7:00 AM after that. He usually has me up at 5:00 AM.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love to look around in Lowes. I always find things I want to do to the house or improvements that could be made. Can't always afford to do them but at least get some good ideas!

Margie's Musings said...

That's how feel too, Judy. I would love to redo my bathroom but it isn't going to happen. No money and no time to do it.