Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Big Sunday

We had a big day yesterday. We spent the morning getting a battery installed in Scott's truck and having his jets cleaned. His vehicle almost did not start that morning.

Then we went out to John and Leslie's to see the new house at lunchtime. We picked up a pizza and some soda and then went to see the progress. The brickwork on the fireplace inside was still not finished so they can't put down the hardwood floors in the great room. They still don't have the upstairs bathroom grouting done or the downstairs foyer grouted either. They are working on the painting in the closets. Leslie is painting the office now. It too is a beautiful shade of brown.

Last night we went to Tavern on the Plaza and had dinner. Afterward we watched Bill Maher's "Religulous"...a commentary on religion. He makes some valid points although his documentary generally undercuts religion of all kinds, especially the fundemental kinds that believe incredible things that are not even logical. He says organized religion has moved a long way away from the teachings of Jesus. On that, I have to agree.

I got up this morning at 4:00 and fixed breakfast for Scott before he took off at 5:00 for a seven hour drive to Memphis. He is going to meet a woman there. That's a long way to drive to meet someone you have never even met. After he was gone, I fixed chili for our meeting this afternoon. I also baked a dessert. It's all done now.

There were supposed to be ten of us at the meeting but it looks like there may be seven if we're lucky. One woman made other plans and another couple called yesterday to say the man has pneumonia in one lung so, of course, they can't come. She wanted me to postpone the meeting but it was too late by last night. My meat was already thawed and everyone had been notified of the meeting two weeks ago and reminded twice this week.

When I got home I worked on my notes to those who did not come today. And I finished the schedule and got it attached to e-mail.

Tonight, we are watching 60 Minutes.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Another busy day for you Margie. You do so much good and I know you are a light for many people. Thanks for sharing your world.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sylvia. Actually I am just a grind to them, I am sure. :)