Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy Sunday

Yesterday was a very busy Sunday. We left here at 9:00 to go to church and get the furnaces going and the building heated up. My brother-in-law and sister are the deacons and they're incapacitated right now and find it difficult to attend services. The services were very good and we served the communion to 17 that attended. Several were ill or otherwise incapacitated.

We went with our daughter and son-in-law and Cyndi to Hong Kong Delight to eat lunch after church and then came home where I did my notes and read the rest of the afternoon. I finished my book, "The Upside Down Kingdom". I was asked to read it in preparation for the retreat I will be attending over the weekend of March 27 - 29. It was a very good book. I am surprised at all the modern writers who have finally come to the conclusion that Jesus taught the Kingdom of God on earth (relationships) and not the salvation theology that emerged later in the early movement and with Paul.

Last evening, we attended our Living the Questions group. There was a good attendance and we had a good time. After the discussion, ice cream and cake were served as a celebration of Joyce's birthday.

I am fighting a cold, something I seldom have to deal with and have not felt up to par the past two days. I am taking my Cold Ease, which usually cuts a cold off at the pass or at least cuts it down to two or three days. We had several days of 70 - 80 degree weather and then Saturday it snowed and got down to the teens. Nothing more is required to challenge one's immune system. It certainly challenged mine.

6 comments:

Beth said...

I'm sorry you're having to deal with a cold, Margie. I'm a big fan of Cold-Eeze---that stuff really works. I hope you feel better soon!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it does, Beth. I am a lot better today. All I have a is a little hacking cough now and then. Thanks for the encouragement.

Balisha said...

Feel better, Margie. My hubby has it and I probably will get it too. Darn!

Margie's Musings said...

I am staying on top of it, Balisha. Start your cold ease right away.

Judy said...

Margie, I hope you are feeling better by now and the medicine helped your cold. It was 8 degrees here this morning. If it doesn't warm up soon, I may just move! I am so sick of this cold weather here. It has been a really cold winter in Kentucky.

Margie's Musings said...

It's been pretty cold in Kansas too but we haven't had much snow. Two inches is all, I think. We usually have eight.