Saturday, March 7, 2009

Reunion Grounds

I was going to go to our reunion campgrounds today and help clean the camp to get it ready for the camping season, and I got to feeling better this morning so we went. I came back home yesterday after lunch with Gay and Tony and slept most of the afternoon. Then I went to bed at 7:00 last night. Twice last night I woke covered in sweat.

The campgrounds were hit directly by a tornado last May and they canceled the entire camping season.

Bob and I went over there at 9:30 and worked all day and got an awful lot done. He held up well. I didn't have a sign of my cold. It must have suddenly cleared up.

They were expecting 29 to come to this work party and 65 showed up. That's how we got so much done. They served us lunch there and we worked till almost 4:00 before we left. I cleaned the nursery, the child's bathroom, the storeroom (where I tried to organize everything) then I helped clean chairs and wiped down the new mattresses for the bunks.

The refrigerator in the nursery had been left closed after it was unplugged and it was literally covered with mold inside. I used bleach water and wiped the entire thing down. It took me a couple of hours to get it cleaned up.

It was a very productive day. Bob helped to put together the new bunk beds. Everyone worked together well and we had a good time together.

No comments: