Monday, April 20, 2009

Nice Day Today


This has been a nice day. I got up this morning and fed Slinky who spent the night in the kitchen since it got down to 30 degrees here last night. I washed his bedding and when I took it out of the dryer he laid himself right down on it. He loves warm bedding.

Later I got my Sunday letters out and also mailed off a card to Scott with $100 in it. He needs to get a new starter on his car. He saves money in a money market account I manage for him for just such emergencies.

Then I fixed breakfast and we called to arrange to take Leslie to lunch. We had a nice visit over lunch.

After lunch we went to the market to buy a few things for the week. When we got home Bob put the first of two tomato plants in an upside down planter. It will be interesting to see how those work out.

Later in the afternoon, Bob's brother-in-law called to say he was in town. He wanted to take us to dinner but we couldn't find a nice restaurant open in town on Monday. So I invited him out here for hamburgers and french fries. I fixed iced tea and a pudding and that was dinner. It seemed to be enough. He has a Cadillac that is a year and a half old. It is loaded with features. He is getting a new one in August. We took it out to John and Leslie's home.

Then I called my son-in-law to ask if we could bring Bill (Bob's brother-in-law) out to see Fisherman John's Outpost and the new house. John seemed happy to have us come so about 7:30 we went out there. The men are in bed now and I am trying to finish up the day's work.

I will go over to my sister and brother-in-law's in the morning and stay with my sister while he goes to breakfast with his friends and classmates. I never did hear today how his biopsy came out. I guess I'll hear in the morning.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I have been curious about those tomatoes in the upside down planters. I may try one, too, if I can find them here. Sounds like and interesting day and I love hamburgers and french fries!

Margie's Musings said...

So do I, Judy. It will be interesting to see how well the tomatoes do that way. We had a hard time finding them. They seem to be sold out everywhere.