Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Open House





Bob and I went out to the new house that belongs to our son-in-law and daughter this morning about 9:00. First I had a book to mail off. I sold another used book on Amazon.com. That makes about $50. I have earned from the sale of my used books.

Back to the open house: I had made cookies for them for their guests. We took the grand tour again. My son-in-law had built two brick posts at the front and also done a lot of work on a rock garden in front of the house, including a fountain and another flowerbed in the back of the house and also a garden on the back of the lot.. It looks great!

We stayed until 10:30 but no one else had come by that time so we left and went to Bartlesville. There we walked around downtown and finally went out to the mall to eat fish and chips at Garfield's there.

Bob is taking his nap now.I will get back to my latest book, a gift from the author. It is called "Nauvoo Polygamy: But We Called it Celestial Marriage". So far it is very interesting. It is about the history of polygamy in the LDS Church. George D. Smith wrote the book. He is the owner and publisher of Signature Books.

My sister just called. She and my brother-in-law went out to see the new home just after we left. I am happy someone else did go. It will be a shame if they have gone to all that trouble and no one comes.

I just talked to my daughter again. Four more couples have come to their open house this afternoon. The attached second from the bottom home photo is of Melissa's new home and you have already seen these photos of our son-in-law and daughter's new home at the very bottom.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I'm sure your daughter and son-in-laws new house is lovely! Hope you have a great weekend!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sylvia. I will post a photo of it.