Saturday, July 11, 2009

Laid Back Saturday


I mowed early so we could go to Bartlesville this morning before it got horribly hot. When we got home around noon, it was awfully hot...over 90 degrees. Slinky was very overheated and I let him in for the afternoon. I read most of the afternoon and brought the checkbook up to date.

We let him out about an hour ago so we could go to dinner. When we got home an hour later, he was overheated again. So I let him back in and put the fan on him. He didn't eat a bite of his supper. He's resting now.

We will watch part three of "The Power of Myth" with Bill Moyers and Joseph Campbell. Bob has really enjoyed his birthday gift from me.

Surely it will cool down after that and we can put Slinky out for the night. What does one do with a dog that gets so hot and we live in southeast Kansas?

Tomorrow we have church. I am presiding and Bob has the sermon. I hope we have a good attendance.

My crepe myrtle, rose of sharon and black eyed susans are all blooming now. I will post the photo of the black eyed susans.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, Your black-eyed susans are so pretty. Poor Slinky. I feel so sorry for him. Does he drool a lot, too, when he gets hot? My son works for Ky.Educational TV and they ran a program recently about healthcare. He wanted me to post it on my blog and get my readers comments. I would love to have yours. Thanks, Margie.

Mari Meehan said...

Keep him in the house with the air on.

Margie's Musings said...

That's what we're doing. He simply cannot stand the heat.

I'll check your blog, Judy.