Monday, August 10, 2009

Ivan's Funeral Plans

I finally got the final word from Mary Lou this morning and got everyone called that has no email. Ivan's services will be Wednesday at 11:00 in Independence, Kansas. Visitation will be tomorrow evening between 6:00 and 7:00 PM. Bob will go to that. Leslie and Bob A. and I will go to Scammon for the Mission Center budget meeting. That is at 6:30.

I worked all morning on the service. It is finished now and we are ready.

We cleaned house this morning and I cleaned the bathrooms really well. Slinky has been out all day because the rain we got cooled things down quite a bit. We didn't get much rain so it may heat up again this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be my usual busy Tuesday. Not only will I sit with my sister but I have my board meeting at 11:00 and we are taking Leslie to lunch at noon. Then I will go back up that afternoon to pick her up for our trip to Scammon.

Bob intends to go to the viewing.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, I thought it was funny when you said you must be older than dirt! I thought I would never have any grandchildren because I did not think any of my children were ever going to get married. My son was 39 when he married and neither of my twins are married and they are soon to be 32. My children are just late bloomers I guess. I am so glad to have at least one grandchild! I am sorry about your loss of Ivan. I, also, went back and read several posts to catch up on Slinky. He is such a neat dog. I loved the one about him not eating until you put bacon grease on his food. Also, when he decided he doesn't like a certain kind of dog food anymore and you had to give it to the neighbors dog. Hope you have a good week.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Judy. My children all married fairly early. My grandchildren are 30, 30, 26, 23, 22, and 19.

I have three and a half great grandchildren.

Slinky is so lovable. He has a lot of personality. He is now 13. The vet says that is very old for a Shar Pei.