Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nice Sunday

I had a call last night at 9:20 to tell me that Ivan passed away earlier at 8:30. I was afraid of that when we saw him Friday. The services will be at 11:00 Wednesday. Mary Lou, his niece, called me this evening to tell me about the plans. Bob and I will do the service.

Bob and I got up early this morning to drive to Joplin (about 1 hour and 20 minutes away) where I was to preach. The service went well. There was a nice dinner afterward. We enjoyed the visit then.

We got home about 2:30 this afternoon and Slinky was very hot. We let him in all the rest of the afternoon. Poor guy! He had not eaten anything since his cinnamon toast this morning. His food was still in the bowl and I could not entice him to eat it.

I made Bob and myself bacon and tomato sandwiches for supper and finally I poured the bacon grease on his food. Oh Boy!! He was delighted! He ate every bite. That dog is spoiled rotten!

No comments: