Thursday, October 15, 2009

Catch Up Time

This will be a day to do laundry and clean house before I leave tomorrow for the retreat with Leslie. We will leave sometime after 4:00. I didn't clean on Monday which is my usual day because I had an appointment with the Optometrist in Caney. I had no eye problems and got a clean bill of health. By the time we got home, something else had captured my attention.

Last night the papers were full of the conflict at our city commission meeting Tuesday evening. We have one commissioner who is trying his best to block anything that might be an improvement in the city. If it isn't his idea, it isn't a worthy idea. I wrote a letter to the editor suggesting he should resign. He is a thorn in the flesh for all the other commissioners.

Not much else going on today.

Next weekend will be my church's Peace Colloquy. Several friends are attending with me. I hope to have a good time and hear the speaker and the honoree's presentation.

No comments: