Monday, October 26, 2009

Doctor's Visit

Bob and I went to Bartlesville this morning to see his dermatologist, Dr. Eslicker. He had a place on his neck which was not healing after the doctor froze it a couple of months ago. It looked like a squamous cell carcinoma to me and I encouraged him to get an appointment. Finally, while I was gone to Independence over the weekend to the Peace Colloquy, he did. The doctor took a look at it and concurred with my diagnosis. He biopsied it and said he would call us when he got the biopsy back and Bob would either take radiation or have a surgery for it. We will know in a day or so. I reminded him that Dr. Powell, the radiologist in Coffeyville's hospital, had told Bob some time ago that radiation was not the treatment of choice for squamous cell carcinoma. We will see.

It has been two and a half years since Bob has had a squamous cell carcinoma. He has had seven altogether and two melanoma. We had hoped this rash of skin cancer was over. Evidently not. I just hope it will heal quickly after treatment. That wears Bob down pretty quickly.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I am sorry to hear about the carcinoma and hope things go well for him. I have worked in the yard all day mulching leaves. It is supposed to start raining here tomorrow for the rest of the week. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
I too am sorry that Bob might have to go through this all over again.I'm keeping you both in my prayers.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, gals. We appreciate your concern. All psrayer are welcome.