Friday, October 30, 2009

Waiting For Leslie

I am all packed and ready to leave for Branson. I am just waiting for Leslie to pick me up.

I got home late last night. After her doctor's appointment, Juanita wanted to eat at Garfield's. I had eaten a late lunch and wasn't particularly hungry but she seldom gets out of town so I wanted to humor her. I had one of their small cranberry walnut salads. She had a child's hamburger and french fries.

When I got home, I packed.

Scott called at bedtime and had had another of his catastrophes. His girl friend that he had finally decided on, broke up with him. He was crushed. Then Ashley called and had been fired from her job. She is in college and that is a major problem. To try to find a job in today's market may be impossible. On top of that, there was money missing from her cash drawer at work and the police were coming out this morning to interview her about that. She had two unpaid traffic tickets and they will surely get her for those. She said they had been very busy at work and she had left her cash drawer unlocked in the rush. Someone just helped themselves. But she is suffering the consequences. With Ashley, it's just one thing after another. Drama!

So it will be good to be with someone whose life is relatively calm.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Everything seems to go wrong at one time, doesn't it? Have fun in Branson.

Balisha said...

Have a good time, Margie.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, gals, I did. We had a terrific time.