Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hard at Work

Bob and I read most of the morning, waiting for it to warm up enough to go get our mulch and get the flowerbeds ready for winter. Finally after lunch it became warm enough to go to Wal Mart and buy mulch. Unfortunately, they were completely out and were not going to order any more.

We bought the other items we wanted and then went across the street to Orchelon's where they had cedar mulch on sale for $2.75 a bag. We bought four. Bob loaded them while I went inside to pay for them. He really overdid it. We got home and unloaded the bags and he was beat. I insisted that he go in and rest and I began work on the flowerbeds, pulling grass and weeds as I went. I finished two large ones and still have two more to go. I had put a roast in the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup, potatoes, onion and carrots. Thank goodness. I finished about four and came in to get dinner together.

Slinky wanted roast beef too. He cried and barked to get in the kitchen where the food was cooking. I put his dog food out for him and finally he gave up and ate it...but he still wanted in. Finally I poured him another cup of food, poured some gravy over it and let him in. He was delighted and ate every bite! That dog is so spoiled! And I have to admit...I did it. I get up about 5:00 AM and after he discovers me in the kitchen, he comes to the door and either whines or barks to get in. He's good company so I let him in. He eats his cinnamon toast and dog food and lies quietly on one of the rugs in the utility area where he can see me. He's a very social animal. We will miss him when he is gone. The dog is 12 or 13 years old and won't live forever.

No comments: