Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mini Class Reunion


My high school class of 1953 from Field Kindley Memorial High School met at Lannings last night for dinner and a mini reunion. Later we went out to the stadium and watched the homecoming football game from the stadium third floor through glass windows. We lost the game to Chanute High School by 7 points in the last five minutes of the game but we had a good time visiting and I took a lot of photos of my "elderly" classmates. I publish an annual newsletter in December and send it out to all of them and I will use some of those photos in the newsletter.

Many of the women baked cookies and I ate more then my share of them. We got home about 10:00 and brought Slinky in the house. It was to get down to 36 degrees last night and he's an old dog. Missy spent most of the night outside because she wanted out just as I was ready to go to bed.

This morning between 8:30 and 9:00, some of us will have breakfast together. The photo is Ron B who planned the mini reunion. His wife is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's disease and doesn't even know him anymore. What a shame. He seemed to have a good time last night. He's shown here with Melvin A. and his wife.

My younger son called last night. He went to the movies by himself last night and saw the movie our granddaughter had a bit part in. It was called "Couples Retreat", (a teeney bopper movie). She had four minutes of fame in it as an extra that danced in a swim suit. It was no speaking part. He was pretty happy about being able to pick her out.

No comments: