Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

I am up early, as usual. It snowed all night in a real blizzard. There's eight or ten inches of snow this morning. Slinky got me up at 2:00 to go out but when he saw all that snow, he did not want to go out...but he needed to do it. So I conjolled him and pleaded with him until he finally did. Then this morning after he had his breakfast and REALLY needed to go outside, he really didn't want to go out there but he knew he had to...so he finally did.

I will bake my pies in a little bit. I'll probably get breakfast out of the way first. Cyndi called last night. They are going to pick us up with their four wheel drive truck. Scott has four wheel drive too on his jeep so he and Bob will go out in it. I hope we can get out there safely. I don't know where we will put the pies and the gifts. Cyndi and Jeff have food to take too. I hope we will be able to see the road. I hope they have been out scraping the roads.

I will have to put Slinky in the garage with the car. He will not like that. He hates the garage but I can't leave him in the house.

Update:

The pies are out of the oven now and the cranberry salad is finished. Bob put it together. Scott went out and shoveled the snow off the walk and started shoveling the drive until he ran into the ice. He sprinkled some ice melt on the drive. I don't know whether it will work or not. The city has their workers out clearing the streets.

I called Glen over at the Springfield radio station when I had a moment. We chatted awhile about Christmas. I listened to the station on the internet. He was on the air Thanksgiving too but I never got around to calling in.

Further Update:

We had a great Christmas dinner and gift exchange. The food was fantastic. I received some really nice gifts. One was an arbor/trellis that John made for me. He knew I had always wanted one. He will bring it by after work tomorrow and we will store it in the car port until Spring when we can set it in cement. Scott gave me a lovely memory book that I can record my life in. I will enjoy filling that in. Jeromy and Marlene gave me some wonderful tea.

We gave Leslie and John half the pies and still didn't know what we were going to do with half a cherry pie and half a pumpkin pie. Bob settled that for us though. As he was getting out of Jeff's truck after we arrived home, he dropped the pie.

When we got to the garage, Slinky was frantic. He wanted in the house and once in he really needed to go poo but didn't know where on all that snow out back. After three tries to find a suitable place outside, he finally just went for the snow. He must have been miserable.

For any of you who get a moment to check the blogs, I wish you a very Merry Christmas...and a Happy New Year too!

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Merry Christmas, Margie...
from,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Balisha...and the same to you!!