Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rainy Wednesday!

I usually go to Independence on Wednesday to get my hair done but I don't know if I'll go today or not. It's raining outside and I have Juanita's coffeecake here for her Christmas gift. Darn it! I wanted to bake it last night so it would be fresh for her Christmas. Now she will probably call and cancel breakfast. Maybe the rain will stop and I can get it to her.

I don't have a lot going today. I will have to get some coffee as we are about out. We also need eggs. The coffeecake took two. I will need some for my pumpkin pie Friday morning. I will also make a cherry pie. We are about burned out on pumpkin pie but Bob can eat pumpkin pie.

By the way, Bob weighed at the doctor's office Monday and he has gained nine pounds. He sorely needed it. He had been down to 147 and now he weighs 156. He looks much better. That thyroid pill made all the difference in the world.

The doctor is supposed to have read his tests today and will call. We'll see. We are curious as to what is causing the swelling of his arm and hand.

I'm concerned about Christmas. I don't know if Christina will be able to make it. She lives at Fort Riley and their weather is worse then ours. I am also concerned about Scott and Becky. I contacted Scott to tell him he might want to come earlier then Friday and he said they couldn't because Becky had to work today. It is supposed to snow tomorrow. He may have four wheel drive but four wheel drive is worthless on ice. I hope it doesn't ice up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I hope your family makes it and am glad your husband has gained some weight. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. I will leave in the morning for my girl's farm. Love and hugs, Judy

Margie's Musings said...

Hi Judy..thanks for dropping by. Have a Very Merry Christmas!!

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...It sounds like you are playing the waiting game just like me. Wondering if our kids will make it home. Let's hope that they do. Merry Christmas and a healthy happy New Year to you and your hubbie.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

You too, Balisha! Merry Christmas!