Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Surprise

We had a surprise this morning. Scott called and he is coming today instead of tomorrow. In fact, he's on his way. That means he will be here tomorrow too and probably leave Sunday morning.

Slinky got sick after eating something he found on the patio this morning when I let him out to do his duty. Then , as we all know dogs do, after vomiting it up he returned to it again. I couldn't chase him away. Well, he's outside again now. He is determined to be outside when it gets above 40 degrees. He loves the sunshine. I am happy he wants to do that because soon enough he will spend his winter in the kitchen as he is spending his nights there now.

I did some cleaning this morning and then Bob and I went to the market and bought some more groceries. We stopped at Wilson's so Bob could get some more hearing aid batteries.

Now we are simply waiting for Scott. If he gets here in the next ten minutes, we will meet Leslie for lunch in Independence.

I have a roast I will put on for dinner tonight. That's an easy meal. I may bake a pumpkin pie this afternoon too. I have the makings for one and we will need dessert.

We ened up going to Bartlesville for something different to do. Scott bought some jeans and some seats there. We got a heck of a deal on the jeans. After all the discounts they gave us, $40 Levi jeans cost him $24.

Then we came home and ate our dinner and later had popcorn. It was a nice quiet evening.

No comments: