Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Regular Wednesday

This is really a regular Wednesday even though it's my 74th birthday. As usual, Bob didn't get me a card. Oh well, we are going out to Leslie's for ice cream and cake tonight. I guess when you're 74 it's no big deal.

I got my hair done this morning in Independence and met Juanita for breakfast. She gave me my card and gift certificate last Wednesday just in case I didn't make it for today's appointment. (if it had snowed, I wouldn't have made it). Then she bought my breakfast this morning.

I went by Nannie La Rose's (women's clothing store) after the breakfast and checked out my options for a gift. They always have something I can use. Sometimes it's just socks or earrings but they carry the kind of clothing I like. This time it was a cute vest which I can use with several different colors of pants. I am very happy with it. That's my birthday gift to myself.

We watched the president's speech last night and basically, I agree with his strategy. We will send 30,000 more troops but at least he has an exit strategy. Bush would have had us there forever. The war thus far has cost us $937 billion dollars and I'm quite sure that terrible cost, not to mention the lives lost, has not helped our economy at all. Just think, when Bush took office, the country had a surplus. Now our great grandchildren will be paying off this terrible debt. And what have we accomplished? Nothing really. We have destroyed the country in Iraq and Afghanistan and killed a lot of civilians. No one can win a guerrilla war and we should have learned that in Vietnam.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Happy Birthday! Have a good time.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Betty. So far, so good!

Balisha said...

Hey, Margie...a birthday is always a big deal.
Happy birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Margie..
Happy Birthday to you.

If I was there, I would sing it to you, but then you would have to suffer with my off key voice.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Ah Balisha! That is wonderful! Thank you so much!!