Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CT Scan Today

Today at three is Bob's CT Scan. First he was reluctant to have it done. But after I told him Medicare would pay for 80% of the cost and we needed to find out what we were dealing with, he reluctantly agreed. Then he said he would not have any surgery. I told him to reserve judgment until we learned more about it.

I went to my sister's home today and once again heard all about her confused memory. Last week she said her husband told her I took our dad's oil painting to Wal Mart and sold it. Today she told me she had loaned books to a mutual friend and never got them back. Then 90% of what she said today, she had said the past twelve weeks. It is so sad! Such a good mind...slowly going.

I am in the midst of laundry and if it warms up and I can put Slinky out, I will clean the kitchen too. I want to get the towels washed and perhaps the white things before lunch.

After lunch, I went ahead and fixed my goulash for supper. I have no idea when we will get home from the hospital.

More after 3:00:

We will not know the results of Bob's CT scan until sometime Thursday. I hope Melissa doesn't wait a week to tell him. In fact, we had to call her office yesterday to ask for the results of last week's ultra sound and chest X-Ray. I don't think the patient should have to do that.

You can tell I don't have a lot of confidence in doctors.

No comments: