Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bob's Arm

Yesterday afternoon Bob had me take a look at his arm/chest again. He has one particular place where it is sore. I did some gentle manipulation and discovered a small lump on his chest near his armpit. It's only about the size of the end of my little finger but it's definitely there. He was able to feel it too. I thought perhaps the doctor should see it. We will see her this morning at 10:30. Maybe they can do a needle biopsy on it since it is near the surface. If it should be malignant, maybe they can do a lumpectomy. Anyhow, we are going to see what she says.
He is bound and determined not to have surgery. We will see.

I will get my hair cut this morning and have breakfast with Juanita. It has been two weeks.

Thursday evening Bob has his PINCH meeting at 5:30. Friday we will have lunch with Tony and Gay at Cherryvale.

My sister's birthday is Friday. She will be 77. I am going to get her a gift certificate for her hair. My brother-in-law recently took her in for a haircut and perm and her hair looks 100% better. I will encourage her to keep it up with this gift.

Update: Bobs doctor said she thought the nodule had swollen because of the swelling he has on his arm, hand and chest. She has consulted with the surgeon and they agree they do not want to do anything invasive with his diabetes. In fact, she said if it did not grow larger or change in some way, she would see him in three months.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

I hope that things work out well for you at the Doctor's. Let us know.
Take care,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

The doctor said she thought the node had come up because of the swelling and did not want to do anything invasive because of his diabetes. She had consulted with the surgeon.

She said if it grew any, we should come back and see her. Otherwise she would see us in three months.

Whew!