Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Better Wednesday

I hope this will be a better Wednesday. This has been an unbelievably stressful week. Not only have we had plumbing problems but now Bob is after me to let him buy an old pickup he saw on Perl's back lot. John quoted him a price of $1,000 but we saw Paul yesterday and he said they were going to have to pull the head and see what it needed. If it needed too much, they would just salvage it out. He quoted $300 as is. To me, it would be a money pit. The front seat has been destroyed by either a dog or someone that weighed 400 pounds. And we have no money. Bob says it would give him something to do to fix it up. He doesn't seem to realize we have very little left in our IRA to last us the rest of our lives. I have told him but he just turns off what he doesn't want to hear.

Keith is bringing his pickup back in November but he wants that old pickup on Perl's lot. I am going to have to put my foot down and that will mean a fight. As though we didn't have enough going on in our lives right now.

Today, if the plumber gets here and gets the stool fixed before 11:30, we will go to the Lenten Luncheon. If not, I will stay here and Bob can go on. I will leave in an hour to get my hair done and take Juanita to breakfast. I will be back before 10:00.

Bob put one new bolt in the stool yesterday afternoon but left one nut out. I think that's what has the stool so crooked that water is leaking between the tank and the stool. He needs to change out the second bolt too but would have to cut it out too because it is rusted solid. We will just let the plumber do it.

The plumber has come and gone and the tank is fixed. Now the next question is: "How much is the bill?"

We attended the first Lenten Luncheon today and had a fine salad luncheon and a good sermon from Mark Wilson (Church of God) who pitch hitted for Diane who had chest pains and had to cancel.

Plus, we had our discussion about the old pickup and I think that is a dead issue now. I put my foot down.

No comments: