Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blue Screen

We didn't do much yesterday. I was chilly and windy. We took the morning and went through the "junk shops" downtown. Bob found a latch for his gate. That's about all. I started reading a book of fiction...something I seldom do. I was bored. I don't like the wind. It makes my sinus' run.

There was nothing on TV so nothing to do but read.

I did have an interesting thing happen yesterday through. When I got home from looking at the junk shops, I found that my laptop computer, which I had left on and booted up, had the dreaded blue screen. I shut it down and rebooted and everything seemed to be o.k. I had run defrag earlier in the day because I noticed that the computer was badly fragmented. It had been awhile since I had done maintenance. So I defraged both computers. Evidently the laptop did not appreciate that. After the blue screen incident, I began backing up files. If it happens again I don't want to lose everything. After payday, I'll buy another thumb drive and back up my files onto it. I don't know what else to do about the blue screen incident. It's my son in Phoenix that's the computer tech...not me.

No comments: