Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mayfest Saturday

Today is Caney's Mayfest and since Caney is only 17 miles away, I will go over and check out the festivities this morning. I have been invited to my brother-in-law's for hamburgers tonight and homemade ice cream afterward. Scott finally went home. He had so much he needed to do.

Last night Scott and I watched Invictus with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon. It was a great inspiring video of courage and inspiration. I recommend it. It was good for him. He is still struggling. We also rented The Blind Side and will watch it later.
He decided to leave this morning. He will be back next weekend for the service.

I got a sleep aid yesterday at the pharmacy. I didn't take it and maybe I should have. I went to sleep at 10:00 and awoke at 3:00. The rest of the night I just lay there and dosed off and on. I need to get the photo board done for the service next Sunday but first I have to mount the photos with a backing. I worked yesterday afternoon on the bulletin. I also need to get together my thoughts for the service.

I worked a little more on next Sunday's sermon. It's almost finished.

More later...

I went to Mayfest early while it was cool. That was neat. I saw several friends that I knew. Also walked around with Leslie until it was time for her hair appointment.

I came home and put the backing on those photos for the poster board. That's finished. Leslie and I will put it together Monday while she's off for the holiday. I also got the newspaper notices of the service finished for the newspapers. I will take them up Tuesday for Friday's papers.

The party today was nice. I enjoyed getting to see my nieces and nephew too.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...You probably haven't slept through the night for a long time. It will take time to get in your own sleep routine.Take care and have a nice weekend.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha, I am trying. Thanks for checking in.