Sunday, May 23, 2010

Very Last Days

We had a horrible night with lots of pain and discomfort and breathing problems and had to put him on oxygen. The Hospice nurse came twice. She thought he would not make it through the night but instead he went into a coma and has not needed pain medication since 11:00 last night. We called Scott home from Topeka and he got here about 2:30 AM.

He now has 78 wonderful birthday cards. The kids read some of them out loud to him during the night. Yours were some of them. Thank you so much for helping make this more of a celebration of life. We will have a Celebration of Life at the church instead of a funeral and all those birthday cards will be on display then....and photos. He will be cremated.

Time has got to be short now. He is having some apnea now. Thanks, all, for staying in touch.

5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

My heart aches for you and your family. I know that Bob will soon be at peace and out of pain. I send you love and hugs. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Sylvia

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...I only wish I could be there to help at this sad time. I am there in spirit. This has happened so fast...for Bob, it is a blessing. Sending love, Balisha

pat m said...

I pray for peace and comfort for Bob and your family. God bless you.

clairz said...

Sending you all the best, Margie. You are a strong woman.

ChuckFu said...

Thank you so much internet blog friends, for all your prayers and caring. He is still holding on but in a coma.