Monday, September 20, 2010

Busy Monday




As you can plainly see nearly all my flowers are spent. They have found the weather much too hot this year. I must mow either tonight or in the morning. The yard has really grown since Thursday when I mowed.

I slept real well last night...thank goodness. I did my regular thing today...fed the cats and dog and took the dog for a walk. Then I stripped my bed and did the laundry. Scott called this morning. He is coming this weekend. We will go to the PINCH potluck dinner Saturday night where they are going to honor Bob for his plan to start these pot luck dinners.

After that I went to Windsor and visited my sister. I stayed a little over an hour. She was pretty lucid today and in fact, she started wanting me to take her home. We had a pretty nice visit until about thirty minutes into it and then she began to want me to bring my car around so I could take her home. I told her she has to be able to walk before Dr. Allen is going to release her to go home. Finally it was about their lunch time so I told her I had to go and I would come back later in the week.

Then I came home and hand washed my car. It looks pretty good on the outside but I stopped when I began to sweat badly. I will do the inside later, I guess.

It's after noon now and I still haven't eaten. I guess I will fix myself a sandwich out of peanut butter and jelly..

More later...

I ended up mowing and trimming before bedtime. I also pulled the grass out of my front flowerbed. I have an in service at the hospital on Tuesday and was not sure how much time I would have before 1:30 that afternoon to wash my hair so I did it before bedtime. I want to do some cleaning and clean up the inside of the car too.

4 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, it was so nice to see pictures of your lovely home and of the lawn that you work so hard on. Your shady patio looks like the perfect spot for some iced tea...

Margie's Musings said...

It is Clair. I love to sit out there and drink my morning coffee.

ChuckFu said...

Hey mom, look at www.vetiraq.com hosting it from home now, still working on site but have some pictures up

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing your pictures, too. Sounds like we are doing much the same thing these days. I mowed my crabgrass yesterday. That is about all that is left in my yard and it is growing like crazy. We had .88 of an inch of rain since August 1st, so you know how dry it is here. Today, I will clean out my flower beds. Glad to hear your sister was more lucid during your visit.