Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

I had my little family get together last night. It was really nice to have the kids over. Of course, only John and Leslie could be here but I was delighted to have them. Bob A. called that evening and felt so bad with his cold that he really didn't want to get out. So he was not here. But his grandson and his wife came to stay the night with him. Bob's daughter didn't have room in their place for all of them so they stayed with him. I had offered my extra bedroom but they wanted to be with him and I understand that.

Anyhow, we had our eggnog...with real nog (rum) in it...my daughter has a secret recipe for it. I had made some cranberry bread but it was slightly overdone and I was disappointed in it. I took the crust off of it and gave that to Slinky so he had some celebration too. I also had chip and dip and my peanut clusters.

Afterward we opened our gifts. John and Leslie had bought one another a new flat screen HD TV for the den upstairs. I bought Leslie some towels she wanted for the upstairs bathroom. I bought John some Moose Munch that I bought at Harry and David's in Branson. But the REAL news was the gift they gave me. Leslie and Keith and Scott went together and bought me a Kindle with a two year warranty and a cover to protect the screen. Needless to say, I was absolutely delighted! I spent the evening getting it registered and reading the instruction booklet that came on it. It is wireless so I logged on to my router and went online and then I booted up the laptop and sent myself Sunday's sermon just for a test. I was even able to open a browser and see this blog. (of course the font was very small and so I would rather read it here). But..talk about excited!!! I haven't been so excited since..gosh, I don't even know when! Now I can hardly wait to buy an e-book on Amazon. I already have an account there since I buy all my books there.

Yippee!!!

7 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The Kindle sounds like the best gift anyone could get.

Merry Christmas.

Margie's Musings said...

I believe it is. I have downloaded "Biography of Mark Twain" and am reading it this morning.

marlu said...

Margie, you can make the type size larger. Press the Aa button at the right bottom if te screen when you have text up, (Not the Menu page) and it will give you choices of the size you would like. I enjoy my Kindle!

clairz said...

What a thoughtful gift! I love that you are so excited!

Margie's Musings said...

Oh yes! I am going to love it!

Donna. W said...

I got the Nook instead of Kindle, simply because I can get books from the library with it. I think these e-readers are amazing, and it's so much cheaper to buy e-books as opposed to the regular ones.

Margie's Musings said...

And Donna, there are many free books.