Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday Mail Day

As I said yesterday, I finally got the call yesterday afternoon to pick up the classmates' newsletter. After I got it, I stuffed the envelopes but got to the post office at 4:35, just after it closed.

I will take them with me to Independence when I get my hair cut. Then I will take them to the post office and mail them off. With that off my schedule, I will have a free day. I am going to take my Kindle with me to the beauty shop and read my book.

When I get back in town I want to go visit Gerry in the hospital. I will have to find out what room she is in. On Christmas Day her blood pressure bottomed out. They rushed her to the hospital where they wanted to put her on life support. Chuck, her son, did not allow that because he knew Gerry did not want that. But they resuscitated her anyhow. She called last night and sounded pretty good under the circumstances. It was 7:00 and I had had my bath and was in my pjs so I told her I would come this afternoon.

More later...

Gerry was doing pretty well when I went to see her. I got my hair done and came right back home to go see her. They had done another test yesterday to discover why she is having problems swallowing. Her food sticks about halfway down. She was in room 238.

Then I went out to buy gas. The gas here in town is $2.99.9 per gallon but three miles away in South Coffeyville, which is in Oklahoma, it is $2.85.9 so I buy my gas down there.

Tomorrow, as soon as Bob A. gets out of the doctor's office, we will go to Joplin. We both need a break to get out of town before the bad weather hits here. It was 50 degrees here today, but overcast.

1 comment:

clairz said...

Oh, dear. Imagine sounding "pretty good" after a day when your resuscitation (or not) had been discussed. Certainly something to think about!