Saturday, January 22, 2011

Even Colder Saturday

Saturday is even colder then yesterday. It's 19 degrees out there right now.

I got some pretty good sleep last night...thanks to a sleeping pill. I went to bed at 8:00...very tired. I had been having a back ache and took an Aleve for that and then I had been asleep for an hour and a half and my younger son called. He had no idea his old mother would be asleep at 9:30. I visited with him for thirty minutes or so and then was not going to be able to get back to sleep. I always have a problem with that if I get awakened after falling to sleep. I just decided that was a time to take a sleeping pill so I did. I do not do that often but it's good to have them on hand just in case.

Slinky got me up at 4:00 to go out but went back to sleep until 4:45 when he began crying for his breakfast. I finally got up and began my day.

I have no plans for today. It's bitterly cold. I do need to go to the dollar store and get cat food for the cats. I also need oatmeal, yogurt and dog treats. I can get all of that at the dollar store except the yogurt. I get that at Braums which is right next door to the dollar store.

We are forecast for snow tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if that develops. We missed the snow earlier this week.

I didn't hear from Keith yesterday or from Leslie. I did hear from Scott, as I said...last night. The kids are all very busy. Keith and his girlfriend were going to Vegas this weekend, I think he said. Leslie will have John to do things with now that he is off weekends with his new job.

More later...

It warmed up later in the morning and I called my brother-in-law to see if he would like to go to Bartlesville with me. He did. We shopped at Goodwill and walked the mall and then went back to Luigi's to eat lunch. It was good but not as good as the Railroad Inn in Independence.

We got back about 1:30 and I dropped him off then headed to the Dollar store to get my oatmeal and Missy and Inky's cat food. Then I whipped around the corner and got my yogurt. The only thing I forgot was the dog treats. Slinky will just have to do without. :) He's so spoiled!

I will read my new Kindle book this afternoon. I will stay home this evening.

No comments: