Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Great Day

Tuesday's Minister's Week presentations were really great. I hope the weather is warmer today then it has been forecast or I will have to put Slinky in the garage. The weather here says 34 degrees will be the high.

Marilyn and I missed the evening sermon because she wanted to get back to see her daughter and have dinner with them and I wanted to get home to get Slinky in. He was cold and very glad to get in the house. I fed him and then he went right to bed. He didn't wake up until 4:00 when he needed to get out and then slept after that until 5:30. I would have been able to get some sleep but I didn't sleep well at all last night. I awoke at 11:30 and tossed and turned the rest of the night until about 3:00 AM. Then, of course, Slinky needed to get out at 4:00 so that didn't last long.

Marilyn will be by to pick me up at 8:30 this morning.I hope by then the weather will have warmed up enough to let Slinky outside. We will just have to wait and see.

The lectures were about the latest from the Historical Jesus studies. The last and best speaker was Brandon Scott. He talked about the writings of Paul. It was very interesting. Later, I will try to put a synopsis in here. I left my notes in Marilyn's car.

I wanted to watch Frontline last night but just couldn't stay awake to see the entire program. I went to bed at 8:30, which might be why I was unable to sleep. I really need to stay up until 10:00 if at all possible.

More later...

Well, we didn't go. We are forecast this afternoon and evening for freezing rain and snow. We just didn't want to take a chance. I called my beauty shop this morning and changed my appointment from tomorrow afternoon to today at noon. So I did get my hair cut and done.

I hate missing the second day of the presentations at the seminary but I feel we did the right thing.

No comments: