Saturday, January 15, 2011

Social Saturday

Today, I want to go see both Gerry and Phyllis. I had thought I would see them yesterday but I had to go to the post office and mail off Scott's DVDs and to the bank to cash a check and after that it was time to go meet Gay. We did have a good visit, as usual. I took my Kindle and showed it to her. She is going to get Tony one for Father's Day.

After lunch, which lasted until 1:30, I came back home and got here about 2:15 and let Slinky back in the kitchen. He had been outside all morning. I read most of the rest of the afternoon. I should have gone to the hospital then but, let's face it, I didn't.

I went to bed early last night about 8:30. At 9:00 my cell rang and I quickly answered it. One of our members at church, Billie Jo, called to tell me that her sister, Jody, (who I used to work with in the FAST office) had found her son dead when she got home from work. He was 52. He had been using oxygen for his breathing problems and lit a cigarette with it open. The explosion blew off part of his nose. I don't know what really killed him but I would expect it to be the explosion. I got back up and wrote her a note and this morning will go get a card. They are going to cremate him.

I told her if she wanted to use our church building for a memorial service or a Celebration of Life, there would be no charge. We never charge. I volunteered to do the service too. I would imagine that our people would be happy to do a dinner afterward (or before) for the family.

What a way to die.

I made a bean salad for the PINCH dinner party tonight at Howard and Judy's home.

More later...

About 9:30 I went to visit Phyllis at Windsor Place and after that I went to see Gerry in the hospital. Both visits were real good. Then I called my brother-in-law and asked him if he would like to drive to Bartlesville with me. He went to see Phyllis first and then we left. We ate fish and chips at Garfield's and then walked the mall. Then we came back to Coffeyville and I took him home. He is good company.

No comments: