Monday, January 10, 2011

A Busy Sunday


It's snowing today. The first snow of the season here. We have a couple of inches already.

Yesterday was pretty busy and I never found the time to get to my posting here. The evening before Sue R had called to say their electricity had been off all day and was not scheduled to be turned back on until late evening on Saturday. They would not be at church. I told her that was fine and we would understand the problem. I wished her well and tried to calm her.

At 4:00 yesterday morning, I awoke and realized that she had the morning message. So I got right up and began writing a sermon. I got it done and continued my morning routine. When I got to church Leslie volunteered to preside since I would be the speaker. That worked out. We also barely had a quorum for our business meeting. But we proceeded.

After church, eight of us went out to eat together. Then I hurriedly did my newsletters and got those without e-mail ready to mail. Then it was time to go to the support group for Alzheimer's caregivers. After that, I came home and let Slinky back into the kitchen. He had been in the garage. The garage was not terribly cold because not only was the hot water tank in there near his bed, but I had clamped a heat lamp onto the pipes above the hot water tank. Those two things took the edge off the cold. Still, he was delighted to get back into the kitchen.

Then last night, I just watched TV until 9:00 when I went to bed.

Today, I have two things planned. The women from our Living the Questions group are meeting at a new coffee shop for coffee. Judy is supposed to pick me up at 10:00. (This was canceled because of the snow and the fact that Judy's garage door opener was broken). Then at 4:00, I have my MC3 meeting at Independence. I am secretary but I do not think I want to drive up to Independence by 4:00 in this mess. There is a couple of inches right now. We were supposed to have 3 - 4 inches. Maybe it is yet to come. We'll see.

The MC3 meeting was postponed.

No comments: