Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Snowy Wednesday

Oh my! I looked out this morning at 3:00 AM (when Missy the kitty woke me up) and sure enough, it had snowed again. It may still be snowing but it's too dark to tell at this time. It's only 6:00 AM now. It is forecast to continue snowing all day and we are to get 3 to 5 inches (if we're lucky). We may get more.

Slinky did not want out until nearly 5:00 but since that darn cat had woke me earlier, I had not been able to get back to sleep. So I will be tired today unless, for some miracle, I get a nap.

I'm glad I got to Wichita on Monday. I would not have been able to go today. I wore my contacts in both eyes yesterday for the first time. They worked fine and I really think I saw clearer.

I must do some cleaning today. I never did get it done yesterday. I did get my lingerie washed yesterday. Today I will do towels. I'll vacuum too later this morning.

It's good that I saw Phyllis yesterday because I could never get out to see her today. She has been much brighter this week. She actually talked a little. She made no sense but at least she didn't just sit there.

I have a lot to read. I have several books and several books on my Kindle too. Then I always have my laptop so I can check my e-mail and also post on my church's web board. That keeps me busy.

More later...

I got my house cleaned and the towels washed and dried. Now I am washing Slinky's beds. One is done and he is lounging on it. I just took it out of the dryer and he loves it!

The other is in the washer. I will soon put it in the dryer too and then both his beds will be clean.

More later...

When the snow stopped at noon, I waited until it got up to 14 degrees and then went out and cleaned the patio off and also my sidewalk. Then I made two tracks down my driveway until I got cold enough to come in and warm up.

While I was doing that, the man who cleaned my drive last week came by with his new snow blower and cleaned off the bulk of the drive by removing the top layer. He did it free of charge. Later I went out and cleaned the rest of it. An hour ago, the city came by and scraped the street and once again, they piled snow across my driveway. So a minute ago, I went back out and cleared that off and made my path to the mailbox again. The TV says we will have 60 degree weather next week. Needless to say, I am delighted. Bartlesville, our nearest small city (35,000) and shopping area received 1 1/2 to 2 feet today. That's a lot more then we received.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Good morning, Margie,
I hope that your day is pleasant.Spring can't be far away.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I hope you are correct, Balisha.