Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Warming Up

Here's an amazing photo I never thought I would ever see. Missy hates Slinky and hisses and spits at him if he even comes near her.

It's warming up none too soon! It's supposed to be 44 degrees today.

I should go out to church and clean but I wonder if the snow will have melted enough for me to get out of the parking lot. I'll wait until afternoon before I go see. I will take my snow shovel and clean off the walks anyhow. Then clean the inside after that. Tomorrow it is to be 50 degrees.

I stayed up until 10:00 last night watching 20/20. I thought I might sleep better by staying up later. I awoke at 2:00 and lay there trying to get back to sleep for an hour. Finally, I got up and took a sleeping pill at 3:00. That was stupid because at 4:00, just like clockwork, Slinky needed to go out to go pee. I came up out of the fog and let him out and then after he had finished, I went back to bed. At 5:00, my regular arising time, he began barking for breakfast. So, I just got up. I am in a kind of fog now. Hopefully it will wear off because I need to go clean the church sometime today and also we have our Valentine banquet tonight at 6:00 in Independence.

Oh well...more later...

I went out to church and shoveled the walks and put ice melt on them. John was coming out to scrape the ice off the parking lot later. Then I cleaned the church. After that, I went to visit my sister in the nursing home.

Oh yes, my younger son asked me to ask all my friends to put him on their prayer lists. His name is Scott. He is struggling. Please pray for him.

3 comments:

clairz said...

Hi, Margie. I'm glad to hear that you will be having a warming trend. I loved the photo--cold weather makes for some strange bedfellows!

I've always been afraid of sleeping pills for fear of needing to be awake while still groggy. Have you ever tried those little rice or corn bags? They are just fabric bags, maybe 12" by 6", stuffed with rice (mine have feed corn in them) that you warm in the microwave. I put a couple of those along my back when I can't sleep, and they often send me right off to sleep.

The Dutch swear by warm milk with sugar and a bit of nutmeg or anise. On my really sleepless nights I try the Dutch milk and the corn bags in combination and they really do the trick.

Balisha said...

I just get up and fix a cup of Ovaltine...the original malt flavor... and then read till I'm sleepy. I try to read something boring...(Maybe your Mark Twain book LOL) and then I can get back to sleep. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I've had trouble sleeping for several years. having these animals to wake me constantly has not helped the situation.

I have not heard of the rice bags but sometimes warm milk works for me, Clair.

Good idea, Balisha.