Monday, February 14, 2011

Appointment for Job Interview

I am meeting with Amie this morning at 9:00 AM at the library to interview for the SER SCEP program. I hope the governor doesn't cut funding out of Kansas' budget for this program. It finds work and pays minimum wage to seniors who must work because of low income. He is cutting every social program in Kansas in an attempt to get the Kansas budget back in balance. He is, of course, a Republican.

This noon Cyndi and I will attend the dinner with the doctor at CRMC. The program is on heart problems and Cyndi has some kind of heart problem. Cyndi, unfortunately, has a lot of health problems, 90% of which are in her head. It's hard to take Cyndi seriously because of this. It's going to be like the little boy who cried "wolf" someday. One or more of her health problems may be legitimate but no one will know for sure since she has so many. She's always been this way according to my daughter, who is her best friend.

Slinky slept through the night last night and so did I. I slipped another Benadril into his food last evening. He has terrible allergies and I had been giving him Benadril in the morning all winter. Juanita gives it to her dog for allergies.

The rest of the day, I'm free.

Yesterday afternoon my brother-in-law called to remind me of the Alzheimer support group meeting at 2:30 so I rushed through doing my letters and drove over to the nursing home to attend with him. I always learn something new there.

We ate at Bushwhackers after church. There were seven of us this time. They have not had their grand opening yet. The place was packed and they were grossly understaffed. We waited 45 minutes for our food. They finally locked the door. They must have turned away a dozen people..maybe more. But the food was good.

More later....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Sounds like you are as busy as ever. I am like Slinky my allergies are already acting up. I love spring but that is one drawback. We are supposed to have great weather this week and I am so excited.It was in the 50s yesterday. Happy Valentine'S Day to you!

Galla Creek said...

Margie, once I retire, my plan is to work part time at the Russellville Library. Hope you get the position. They could not do better than you.

Balisha said...

Happy Valentine's Day...Good luck on your interview. Balisha

ChuckFu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChuckFu said...

Happy Valentine's day mom

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks so much folks and Keith. I am to have an interview as soon as Amie contacts the senior services program.

They are needing someone with computer skills and filing ability to organize their office. It would be 20 hours a week at minimum wage of $7.25. I will have to do a job search every month though or they will terminate me.