Friday, February 18, 2011

Low Stress Day

I called my brother-in-law and asked him to go to breakfast with me this morning and he did. I always enjoy having someone to eat with when I eat out.

Today I don't have a lot going. I still have not heard from Amie about the job but I need to go out to church today and clean and run the bulletins.

I want to go to Bartlesville today too. I could not find a cute sweatshirt for my sister's birthday tomorrow here in Coffeyville so maybe I can find one in Bartlesville. I want to wrap it up so she can unwrap it and have something new. We are going to take cupcakes for the entire group of 21 out there. I would like to take ice cream cups too if I can find them.

Slinky slept outside last night. It was 70 degrees. He started barking at 5:00AM because he is used to eating his breakfast then. I stayed in bed awhile longer and after he learned barking wasn't going to get his breakfast, he hushed. After I got my makeup on and dressed I went in and got his food, put his Benadril pill in it and put it out on the patio. I didn't fix oatmeal for him since I didn't fix it for me. Poor dog..he's probably having a rude awakening. I'll have to have him back in the kitchen next week. It's supposed to get down in the 20's at night. I scrubbed the kitchen floor yesterday. He makes such a mess of it. He tracks in mud and slobbers all over it.

More later....

I called my brother-in-law back after I finished cleaning the church and asked him if he wanted to go to Joplin with me to shop for my sister's birthday gift. He did. So we took off about 11:30 and walked the mall over there. It's an hour and a half drive. I found a pretty sweatshirt for her. She's always cold. I have to find a box to wrap it in now. We ate lunch mid afternoon at Olive Garden. We got back here about 4:30. It was a lovely day with lots of sunshine.

Tomorrow we will meet with Denise, her younger daughter, at noon and have a party with Phyllis. I doubt she will know the difference. But we will.

No comments: