Monday, March 28, 2011

Back to Work

Today is Monday and I will go back to work this morning from 8:00 until 11:00. That's just enough hours to make it worth my while to work at this job training. It will bring me in another $400. a month.

Today the appraiser from 21st Century is supposed to call and make an appointment to come by to look at my roof. I will call Chuck back when I know when he's coming. Chuck wants to be sure he is aware of the lack of quality of the plywood under the roof. It must be very thin the way the roof moves when one walks on it.

The rest of the day is supposed to be chilly and damp.

More later....

Well, the adjuster called. He said if the shingle wasn't penetrated, I wouldn't need a roof and he will have an independent adjuster call in the next two days and come out and actually look at the roof.

Then the independent adjuster came last night and so did the roofer to whom I had talked. The independent adjuster said I needed a new roof. He will send in his report and the company will send me a letter to tell me what they will do. It will undoubtedly be a few weeks before the roof is actually on. Then I expect my home insurance to go up.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...My dad used to paint his house like that. It was so big and that way the job wasn't so daunting.What would you do if you sold your house?
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I thought I would rent low income senior housing but I talked to them today and they will want $283 in rent and my house payment is $297.

But it's the taxes that are killing me.