Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lost Wednesday

Today at 4:50 AM, the entire city lost it's electrical power. I was posting on the internet at one of the blogs I visit at the time. It was black as coal at the time but soon after that the sun came up. I fed the animals and watered the flowers but that's about all I could do. I reported the outage to the city as soon as the outage occurred.

I called Bob A. at 5:50 and sure enough, his power was off too. I could not figure out how to open my garage door without electricity. I figured they would cancel my work but was thinking of driving to Independence to buy some breakfast. Bob A. came over and showed me how the release worked and then we decided to drive on to Independence to have breakfast. When we returned, the power was back on. I went in to the office but they had cancelled all services and sent everyone home.

The main power line coming into the city of Coffeyville from Tulsa had been down and it took awhile for the Grand River Dam Authority to get it restored. I went to mail a package to Scott in Germany and to wash my dirty car.

Now I am trying to catch up on my work here at home. If I had known this would happen, I could have power washed my framework of my patio cover and had it ready to paint. John sent their power washer home with me last night.

More later...

I went to Bartlesviile this afternoon for something to do. I had plenty to do here at home but just couldn't get into it.

Tomorrow is another day, thank goodness! Maybe it will be a better day.

2 comments:

patsy said...

i hate it when the power goes off. no cool air.

Margie's Musings said...

Right! But it was back on by 9:00 AM so it wasn't bad, Patsy.