Monday, June 13, 2011

What a Day!

This has been a wild day. I was on my way to work this morning and heard a cracking and popping noise on my car. I figured it was a window breaking cause that's what it sounded like. When I got to the parking lot, I looked it over. It turned out someone had hit the back panel on the car and had left the scene without notifying me. It just popped out my back rider's side panel. I went by the collision repair place and they told me I would need a new panel. I told the man that I had just been out a lot of money on my house and asked him if he could just pop it back in. He thinks he can. I can then use some rubbing compound that Bob had in the garage and try to rub out the paint scratches. If he can just pop it back in, it will cost me only $50.00. I think I can afford that. A new panel would be close to $700 and I have $1,000 deductible so it would be out of my savings.

Bob A. is going to meet me there in the morning and take me on to work and then come back at 11:00 and pick me up.

After I got off work, I walked around downtown and finished up my job search. Now I can send that sheet in Wednesday with my time sheet.

When I got home, the cable man came and fixed my remote and VCR player. He set the VCR player on number four so I can play my VCR movies. He showed me how to run the DVD player with my remote again. I have to first touch "TV" on the remote and then touch "imput" to get to the DVD player setting. So I got that fixed too.

Then Davis Home Improvement came by this afternoon and brought my new downspout to drain the water that is standing in my guttering in the back of the house. They had only put one in when they installed it in 2003. He did a nice neat job at that. I don't have the bill for it yet.

I needed some new guttering drains...those cement things that lay at the bottom of the guttering drains that drains the water away from the foundation. I did not want any more plastic ones. Those fall apart after a few years. I finally found the cement ones at Thompson Lumber Yard. They are the only place in town that had them and they were 10.71 apiece. I bought four...one for each of the drain pipes. When I got home, I discovered they were too heavy for me to lift out of the trunk. I got the wheelbarrow and called Bobby M. and he came over and helped me lift them out of the trunk. Together, we carried them to the house in the wheelbarrow and placed them under the drain pipes. Then he helped me put the wheelbarrow up where it belongs on the side of the shed.

I got one more then I needed. I will return it later. I will have to have help getting it back into the trunk. When we finished, I was soaking wet and I imagine Bobby was too. I took a shower and washed my hair.

I talked to Davis Home Improvement about new gutter guard screens to keep the leaves and seeds out of my guttering this fall. Those I have have fallen apart. They want $250. to put those on. I can't afford those yet. That will have to wait. I will be paid Thursday for work but I am going to need that money to make it until the second Wednesday in July which is my payday for my social security.

No comments: