Thursday, August 4, 2011

Another Busy Day

Today was another busy day at work. It is so good to be busy the entire morning. I visited some with the folks I work with (while I worked) and enjoyed the camaraderie.

It is only 89 degree right now. It rained last night. That is a welcome relief but I don't know how long it will last. I should take advantage of it and go job search while I have slightly cooler weather.

First I will find something to eat for lunch though.


More later...

Well I spent an hour out there in 98 degree weather doing my job search. Of course, I didn't find anything. I did leave three resume's and made applications though. I dropped by my brother-in-law's and left him my new Consumer Report magazine since I had finished with it. He had just come in from working in the yard and was very damp with sweat. We visited awhile and then I came on home. I let Slinky in because he was pretty miserable. He is lying here now panting for all he's worth. When he cools down, he will drink some water.

3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Margie - just started reading you so I am a bit confused. You are working and looking for a new job?

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, the program I am working with is administered through the SER Corporation but it is funded out of the Department of Labor. It is job training and is twelve hours a week at minimum wage. I am evidently at the top of the allowed income so I am required to do a job search each month.

Obviously no one but Wal Mart would hire someone my age. I have had several real good interviews but I can tell they are hesitant to hire an older person.

I don't believe I could handle Wal Mart....even part time. What I am doing now suits me fine but they have a hiring freeze at the District Court and can't hire me.

clairz said...

I have to say that I rarely see a happy looking employee at Walmart. It sounds like you are enjoying the new position.