Friday, August 5, 2011

Still Filing

It's 98 degrees so far today. Not as hot as usual but Slinky wanted in anyhow. He's lying here in the kitchen taking a nap on the cool kitchen floor.

I have to mow this evening. After the rains on Wednesday night, my grass began growing again. Then I will have to wash my hair. It will be soaked.

I will meet Bob A. for breakfast tomorrow morning. We missed that last week since I went to Joplin for that meeting and his grandchildren from the west coast were here.

But for right now, I am just resting.

I got my lawn mowed and I must do some watering in the morning. It's 107 right now at 7:45.

By the way, I will admit when I am wrong. Indeed, I was wrong about one of my points:

In 2009 1400 people reporting over $1 million in income paid ZERO tax, not just lower than middle-class rates. The average rate for people with over $1 million in adjusted gross income (235,413 people) is 24.4%. 22,000+ of these people declare $5 million or more income.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/09inalcr.pdf

You have to dig through a lot of data, but Page 23 is instructive.

Note also that most of us here pay 7.65% in Social Security taxes. If you earn $1 million per year, you will pay no more than 1% in basic SS tax, so the rich get a break here as well.

Taxed Enough Already? There is a reason, and it is NOT President Obama, who has brought taxes on the middle class to their lowest rates in many decades (another fact that tea-baggers can't accept).

2 comments:

clairz said...

Have a wonderful weekend, Margie. I hope you aren't expecting any more of that 110 degree weather!

Margie's Musings said...

I hope I don't have any more of it, Clair.

You have a good weekend too!