Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday

Today I want to go see my sister. I haven't seen her since Monday. My brother-in-law said he saw her yesterday and she was very unresponsive.

He and I will have breakfast this morning at 7:30. We missed last Saturday because of the Mission Center Conference and the Saturday before that because of the garage sale.

I got my lawn mowed and trimmed yesterday afternoon so now all I need to do is clean house. I have a dilemma. I'm probably going to have to clean Leslie's house on Monday because I will be delivering the cakes to the First Christian Church on Tuesday. So I'd better clean mine today. Next week I will also have to do my job search. I'm running out of places to apply though. Coffeyville is a very small town and nearly all the business has gone.

Scott called this morning while being stuck in traffic on the Autobahn. I was still lying in bed at the time. He visited about 25 minutes. It was good to talk to him again. I always have to turn my cell off while I am at work. So that cuts down the visits I can have with him.

Because of Bank of America's new policy of charging for using debit cards, I am going to change my way of taking care of my business. I will simply withdraw enough money each week for that week's expenses and not use it for anything else. The new policy doesn't begin until the first of the year so I have awhile to practice. I will use a credit card for gas and then pay off the credit card immediately. The banks earn billions in profits each year and the new policy is retaliation against customers because of the government regulations on what the banks can charge businesses that use credit cards.

Well, I went downtown to Dalton Defender Days and also out to see Phyllis at Windsor. She was fairly coherent today....as coherent as someone in the last stages of Alzheimers can be anyhow. When Bob arrived and I left to go see Gerry, I said, "I'm going to leave now and go see Gerry. I'll see you later." She said "Gerry Holler?" She actually remembered Gerry's last name.

After that I came home and fixed myself a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and took a nap. I awoke at 1:00 last night and had some trouble getting back to sleep. I ended up taking at least a thirty minute nap. Then I fed the animals and went to Sonic to get a child's chicken strip dinner. That's just about the perfect amount for me and it only costs $3.81.

No comments: