Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Good Old Slinky?

Maybe not. He woke me up at 12:30 to go out and then went right back to sleep when I let him back in. Then at 4:00 he wanted out again. This time he discovered the newly cleaned and mulched flowerbeds and decided to dig a hole in the one next to the patio. I went out with the broom to nudge him away from it and he growled at me. I bawled him out good and let him back into the kitchen. In a minute or two he wanted back out so I let him back out (in 19 degree weather). In a short time, he wanted back in (naturally) so I let him back in and told him sternly to go back to bed. He did. He barked a few times after that but I ignored him and he went back to bed. Wow! What a mess. I got up at 5:15 and dressed and made up my face before coming back to the kitchen to feed him. By then he had settled down and was behaving himself. I fed him and then fixed his oatmeal. After eating that, he needed to get back out so I let him out but after he finished his business, he wanted right back in (naturally).

I hope it warms up this morning when I go to Independence to my MC3 meeting at 11:20, or he will have to stay in the garage. He'll hate that but it will beat the outside. The hot water tank manages to keep it fairly warm.

I slept well last night after all that raking and bagging yesterday. I probably won't get anything else done on the yard today. It's pretty cold.

More later....

No comments: