Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Again

I will meet my brother-in-law for breakfast later on this morning. After that, I'm taking Slinky to the vet. He is having a problem staying asleep and I suspect a bladder infection. He also has a large tumor on his breast and I want to see what Dr. Barta has to say about that. I now have enough money coming in to have that taken care of with my longer hours.

After we get back home I will put him in the garage and possibly go to Bartlesvile. It is very cold today and the garage is much warmer because of the hot water tank out there and the large bulb I keep on my water line to the frig.

I met my brother-in-law for lunch at Arby's yesterday. I had a couple of coupons that came in the e-mail. We had their new fish sandwicch with curley fries. If I ever eat at fast food places, it is either Arby's or Braums.

I took Slinky to the vet and sure enough he had a serious bladder infection and that's why he was getting up all night long to go pee. But Dr. Barta said as old as he was he would just get one after the other and the tumor on his breast was another concern. He suggested at his age, it would be more humane to just put him down. So I had him euthanized and then cremated. Then I cried all the way home. I called Scott to tell him. He evidently called Leslie and she called me. Then Christina, my granddaughter in Kuwait called. Then Keith called. I couldn't stop crying. He was my connection to Bob and I had kept it together for all these months until I lost Slinky. Then the gusher began and I could not seem to get it stopped for any time at all. First I lost Bob and now I've lost Slinky. Missy is eight years old. Hopefully she will live for several more years. She is lots of campany too. ...just grouchy company.

Oh well....

5 comments:

Betty said...

I'm sorry you had to put Slinky down. I know you'll miss him, even if he did keep you awake.

marlu said...

Thinking of you.

We had to do the same thing in September of 2010. It's very sad but I cannot stand to see a pet suffer when there is no cure.

Margie's Musings said...

That's how I felt too, marlu. I hadn't realized that it burned when he peed until I talked to the vet.

I miss him still. He was so much company.

Balisha said...

I haven't read your posts for a few days and I missed this one about Slinky. I'm sad to hear that you had to put him to sleep, but if he was suffering it was the right decision. I know how hard it was for you.It's always a hard decision to make.
Take care,
Balisha

clairz said...

I know that this was the right decision for both you and Slinky, but I am sorry that it made you so sad. Perhaps it was helpful to have a reason to get all that grief out. I know that I have such a hard time crying over things and once I do I feel a bit better. Thinking about you, Margie.