Monday, March 26, 2012

Another Monday

Today I only work half a day. I will go to Independence this afternoon and pick up Juanita, my 90 year old friend, and take her to Bartlesville to see a cardiologist. She has had an episode of atrial fibrillation a week ago. They have not changed her medicine to regulate her heart and that is puzzling. I hope we will know more when we see this doctor.

I will make up my lost time at work on Friday morning.

Tomorrow I will go back to Independence to work. I will have to review my scanning skills. I only scanned documents once several months ago. I have scanned traffic tickets but that's a different procedure.

I hear on the news that Cheney has had a heart transplant. It is rare for someone 71 years old to even be eligible for one. The chances of his living very long after this procedure are microscopic. He has had way too many heart procedures already. It will be interesting to see if he can make it.

More later...

What a day. I left work at noon and went to pick up Juanita at 2:15. We got to the doctor's office at 3:15. Then we sat...and sat...and sat...and we got into a room at 4:00...and sat...and sat...and sat. We saw the doctor at 6:00. Then we finally went to a restaurant and had a salad. I got her home at 8:00 and got home myself by 8:30.

Juanita not only has atrial fibrillation but also has arrhythmia. She will go into the hospital on Thursday at 8:00 and have an IV with the medicine to regulate her heart and then they will put her to sleep, put a tube down her throat and shock her heart to get it beating with proper rhythm again. Her granddaughter works two jobs and cannot take off to take her down to Bartlesville so I will do that. I will ask off tomorrow and I will stay with her while the procedure is being done. She is scared to death. She says having me there gives her courage. I don't know about that but she definitely needs someone with her. After all, she is 90 years old.

3 comments:

Elaine in Florida said...

I hope all goes well with your friend's procedure on Thursday.

marlu said...

My thoughts are with your friend and bless you for being such a good friend for her!!!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you folks. She will need all the prayers she can get. At 90, her years are numbered anyhow. How many more years can she have with this heart problem indicating that her heart is struggling to continue?