Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday At Last

When I married Bob on such short notice, He and I both determined that I would make it work. He felt the same way. He had never had a family and we were his first family. He loved everything about being married and having a family but he got his idea of what "family" like was from the TV show Father Knows Best. That was never going to work with me. I was raised to be independent. Mother never wanted either of us girls to be clinging to her skirts.

As we got older, Bob appreciated me more. He stopped being forever critical. That was my main criticism of him. Nothing I ever did was good enough for him in those first twenty five years. After those first twenty five years, he had worked through all of that and he became very dear to me. The last thirty one years were very good.

Enough of that..

I will pick up Bob A. at noon and we will attend the Lenten Luncheon at Grace Fellowship Church. It's usually good food and fellowship. There are usually 100 people there. This year may be smaller. I took the ad by the paper, which has gone to a twice weekly newspaper and was told they couldn't get the ad in until today. The paper comes in the mail anymore. Some people's mail doesn't come until afternoon so I will be surprised if we have a good crowd. I hope I am surprised.

No comments: