Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Busy Saturday

I met Bob A for breakfast and we decided to go to Bartlesville this morning. He has a problem with one of his tires making noise when he drives and he wants to talk to Sears...where he bought the tires.

I want to go to Christopher and Banks and see what they have for spring. Spring is right around the corner.

I called Phyllis F about going with us to Silver Dollar City on April 13 and 14th. She will check with her boss and see if she can get that Friday and Saturday off work and then let us know. I think she would enjoy that.

I did go with Bob A. to Bartlesville and he learned that his tire noise problem was struts. He will have to get them replaced...at least on the back. Afterward, we went to Dink's bar B Q and had Bar B Q...the best around.

Then we came back to Coffeyville and he brought me home.

I will go up to the hospital in a little while and visit Howard. He had an emergency appendectomy yesterday. Judy, his wife, is in California. Patrick, their son, will come down and take care of Howard after he gets out of the hospital.

Later....

I went to see him a little after 2:00 this afternoon. He was in pain and had rung for pain medication three times and was told Brenda was "on her way". I waited a little while and asked him if he wanted me to go tell them at the desk. He did. So then I went to the desk and told them he was "in pain". They told me Brenda was "on her way" in too. He wanted me to stay until she came. In about ten minutes she showed up. Then she spent another ten minutes entering the medication on the computer before giving him his shot. He told her the shot worked well at first but didn't last long.

Once again I am reminded why I don't like hospitals. They do everything at THEIR convenience and not the patients'.

I didn't stay because he was uncomfortable and I told him I would come back tomorrow afternoon when he might be feeling better.

He really needs an advocate.

No comments: