Monday, April 16, 2012

Busy Sunday

Yesterday was so busy I never got to my blog. I went to church yesterday morning. Afterward nine of us went to El Pueblo for lunch. After that I came home and did my newsletters and went to the support meeting at Windsor at 2:30. I left there at 4:00 and came home and went to the bank to get money for my week. I stopped at Brahms and bought milk and juice.

Last night Gary called to say although the library room was open for him to set up chairs for the Living the Questions group, there was no TV nor DVD player in there for us to use. He had been told by two different people at the library that they would provide that. I had to call the librarian to come in town and bring in the TV and DVD player. She worked for thirty minutes to get the equipment going and finally had to get her laptop to hook it up. For some strange reason, the DVD was in black and white and not color. We watched it and afterward had our discussion. No one from the community attended. I didn't think there would be anyone there since the newspaper just got our story in the paper on Saturday.

We had refreshments and everyone left but Gary and me. We locked up. At least we attempted to lock up. The door was not easy to lock. When Jennifer, the librarian came earlier, she used the front door and when we went to lock it up, Gary couldn't get any of the keys to turn the lock. I had to call Jennifer again. She lives in the country and had her sister there visiting but she was going to drive back into town to lock that front door. I told Gary to go on home and I would stay. He gave me the keys and after he left, I tried the keys again and lo and behold, one of them did work. I hurriedly called Jennifer again before she could come back to town and told her I had the door locked. I dropped the keys in the drop box behind the library and came home...exhausted. I have to admit, I slept like a baby last night. Exhaustion does help.

Anyhow, it was a very busy day.

No comments: