Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday at Last

I love Thursdays. It's the last day of my work for the week. Also, I received my paycheck in my checking account today. That always makes my day. I can only work for this program for five years. I don't know what I'll do after that.

This is a clear day. I have nothing after work. I will pack this evening for our trip to Springfield tomorrow afternoon.

I attended PINCH last night. We talked about immigration because one of our members from Mexico was stopped at a license check by the highway patrol. Her driver's license was expired in 2009. She learned that Kansas would not renew it because she was here illegally. In fact we learned that she had been deported twice before and came back each time. She and her husband have three children...all born here. Neither her husband or her are legal. We only learned that last night. Legal immigration from Mexico is backed up ten years. She had hoped PINCH could help her. Actually, because she is illegal, we couldn't. I suggested she request a court appointed lawyer at her traffic hearing on May 9th. Maybe he could get them green cards. They both work. She is a waitress and I forget what they said he does but he does have a job. I fear she will be deported again though. Perhaps this time he will also be deported. It's a dilemma.

No comments: