Friday, May 25, 2012

They're Here!

Keith and Esther came in last night about 5:00. It was a very nice evening. After talking for a couple of hours we went up to Brahms and got an ice cream cone. They had a bowl of chili first. I really like Keith's wife. She's a keeper!

After work, I rushed home and mowed. It looked like it might rain and I certainly wanted to get the lawn mowed before that happened. As it was, the rain never developed.

I have my hair appointment at 7:00 this morning. I will leave shortly for that and get back to this after I return as I have time. If it's open today, they would like to see the Brown Mansion and the Dalton Defender's Museum. I will check later on.

I made some soft serve ice cream while Esther was getting ready to leave and put it in the freezer to firm up. We may have it this evening after the cookout.

More later....

They got up later then I do but that's not surprising. I sat out on the patio with my son and visited while his wife slept in. They were really exhausted.

Then after a light breakfast, we went to the Dalton Defenders Museum and the Brown Mansion. They are out by themselves now. They probably needed a break. I made my salad and now will go lie down a bit. Tonight we will go out to Leslie and John's home for the cookout.

When they came back they had been to Wal Mart and bought me a new Oster blender. Mine died on Thursday after probably twenty years. It is much nicer then the one I had. Those kids! I fix a lot of fruit smoothies and sometimes that's what I have for supper. Now I will have a glass blender to make them in.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Our rain never appeared either. We are so dry here already.
Have fun today, Margie...
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. We did! John cooked steaks and we had salad and corn and then later on some frozen ice cream pie from Brahms.

All in all, it was a very good day but I am exhausted! I'm going to bed!

Goodnight all!